Jun 8, 2019 - Jun 9 2019
12:00 pm - 7:00 pm
Yoga Yoga Westgate
The Psychology of Yoga: Eastern Lens, Western Mind Shanti and Michael Kelley
in Austin, Texas at Yoga Yoga Westgate
June 8 – 9, 2019
Empower yourself towards clarity and issue resolution as you work with self and others.
In this workshop, you will experience the intersections between Patajali’s Yoga Sutras and Western Psychology by exploring how the foundations of yogic philosophy can be applied in modern psychology and self-realization practices. Uncover the true depth of Patanjali’s Yoga Sutras and how they are relevant to understanding the nature of the human mind and the condition of suffering.
- Gain insight, depth, and understanding of Patanjali’s Yoga Sutras in a clear, comprehensive, and relevant context for the modern practitioner and yogi
- Learn to view the nuanced human experience and the process of Integration through the interdisciplinary lens of the Gunas, the Panchamaya, and the Four Line Model of Consciousness
- Understand how Yogic Philosophy mirrors the science of western psychology and where they intersect. Develop techniques and language that bring forward those intersections to create depth in practice and the resolution of limiting beliefs
- Learn where Cognitive Behavior Therapy (CBT), Projections work, Gestalt, and Psychosynthesis land within the Yoga Sutras
- Explore the intersection between Neuroscience and Spirituality, how we become separate from our large S/self
- Adapt Therapeutic skills, techniques, and models of healing that empower the movement toward remembered Wholeness.
Saturday, June 8
12:00 – 7:00pm
Sunday, June 9
12:00 – 5:00pm
Each day will have a 1-hour lunch break