Jun 6, 2019 - Jun 9 2019
10:00 am - 12:00 pm
Puna Monta Center
Introduction to Herbalism with Punta Mona
At the Punta Mona Center for Regenerative Design and Botanical Studies in Puerto Limon, Costa Rica
June 6-9, 2019
Join us in the jungle for an immersive 4-day, 3-night introduction into the practice of herbalism!
Delve into the ancient art of holistic medicine making, first aid, fermentation, harvesting and processing, ethnobotany, and more.
– History of Herbalism
– Healing traditions of the world (Chinese, Ayurvedic, and European Herbalism)
– Where herbs meet pharmaceuticals
– Herbal Energetics and how herbs work on our bodies
– Plant Walk: harvesting and processing herbs
– An Introduction to Fermentation
– Herbal medicine preparations: infusions, decoctions, tinctures, vinegars, honeys, oils, balms
– Herbal First Aid: herbs for common ailments
– Cacao preparation – learning the process from tree to beverage.